Made up of gray fats and proteins, the human brain doesn’t look like much. Nevertheless, it is one of the most complex and mysterious organs known, giving life to art, sport, personality, and morals. With over 86 billion neurons, 2.5 million gigabytes of storage, and over 50,000 thoughts per day, the human brain is truly astounding.
Here are 25 Fun Facts About Psychology:
1. The human brain can store an estimated 2,500,000 gigabytes. That’s equivalent to 300 years worth of TV shows.
2. The human attention span is shorter than a goldfish.
3. The average weight of the adult human brain is three pounds.
4. Memories are stored for both short-term and long-term use at the same time.
5. Vitamin B1 can help improve short- and long-term memory.
6. Easy access to information can make it harder to remember.
7. Memories start forming in the womb.
Read More: When Someone Ignores You Quotes
8. It uses 20% of the body’s total oxygen and energy.
9. It’s composed of 73% water.
10. Sweating can temporarily shrink the brain.
11. Five minutes without oxygen can cause brain damage.
12. It generates 12-15 watts of electricity.
13. Neurons travel 150 mph in the brain.
14. Those who take a quiz twice are 65% more likely to remember the facts.
15. Learning new things increases gray matter in the brain.
16. Memory is prioritized by emotion.
17. Emotions can alter our brain chemistry.
Read More: Homer Quotes About The Sea
18. It has an average of 50,000-70,000 thoughts a day.
19. More than 100,000 chemical reactions take place in the brain every second.
20. When intoxicated, it can’t form memories.
21. Practicing recollection can help PTSD.
22. Its texture and consistency is comparable to tofu.
23. It starts slowing at around 24 years old.
24. 95% of all decisions are subconscious.
25. The brain itself cannot feel pain.